Monday, September 12, 2011

Natural hair care has always been apart of my life. From a very young age my mother always told me to never dye or perm my hair. Still to this day I have my natural hair color and I am glad I never processed my hair with any chemicals.

When I was pregnant with Bella I would often have dreams of how she would look and how her hair would be. I was pleasantly surprised when I removed her hat in the hospital to find a thick head of beautiful curly brown hair.

For the first 6 months of Bella's life she rocked a fro with a bald spot in the back. Eventually by the time she was one the bald spot started to disappear and her hair started to thicken up. Up until recently the only products I used on her hair where: baby wash (A BIG NO!) and baby soft spray.

Bella's hair was extremely dry from me over washing it and always allowing her to wear her hair out. She was starting to experience a lot of breakage which was a huge wake up call to me. Since June we have established a hair care routine and have been experimenting with different products and protective styles to help promote growth.

I am proud to say I have been noticing a huge difference in Bella's hair. It seems softer healthier and stronger and is defiantly longer than ever before. I haven't been measuring but I believe her hair has grown about an inch since June and is retaining thickness with out all of the breakage I was experiencing before.





No comments:

Post a Comment